Nov 3, 2018
This is the Kevin Durant episode. Not because he was adopted or in foster care. Just because he is awesome and wears the number 35. And we love him.
This week we interview the lovely Rhonda Labatt of Redemption Market, a stunning ethical boutique that literally changes people's lives. Maybe not so much the customer's, but definitely the artisans behind the products. Rhonda has a huge heart for serving and loving the least of these, which is what led her to adopt her youngest daughter from Peru.
Listen to this week's episode to find out more!
Some points that Rhonda mentioned:
- An Open Door Adoption Agency , this is the agency that Rhonda went through
- $25,000 for this international adoption (7 years ago), but thanks to so much provision and generosity from others, they spent about $5,000 out of pocket.
- This adoption from Peru took 2 years, with a 5 week stint in Peru for the whole family, as a requirement for the adoption.
- Her devotion to Savina's birth mom, to the pastor who helped at the orphanage, to the country of Peru, and her devotion to her family, have helped her to press on, even when times were hard. How beautiful is her heart???
- And she gave our listeners a 25% discount on your purchase! Just enter code TAKE25 at checkout!
The (Good) Word of the Day
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."
I love that Rhonda shared that just this past summer, she could really tell that her daughter feels like a true part of the family. You could tell it in her soul.
This is especially beautiful knowing that they adopted their daughter 7 years ago. It wasn't an instantaneous thing. All of these beautiful moments come in time, as is true in so many things in life, as this verse indicates.
Thanks again Rhonda for your time, and for all that you do to support those in need!
If you want to connect on Social Media, you can find me at:
Jihae Watson on Facebook
Fostering Voices on Instagram
Jihae Watson on Instagram
AND we would LOVE it if you would leave us a review on iTunes! This helps others to find our podcast so we can share these voices from the foster care and adoption community!