Aug 23, 2020
Welcome back to our podcast, friends!
We took a few weeks off, and are so excited to be back with you all.
Over the last few weeks, we have:
- Gone to San Diego for 48 hours (we live 6 hours away via car) and jammed 13 people into a 3 bedroom Air BnB.
- Gone golfing 3 times! Two times it was 109 degrees, and therefore much more affordable, but also kind of miserable.
- Did a 36 hour staycation while doing an online Marriage Conference with Don and Renee Worcester. You should call resorts near you to see what they are offering! We stayed here for $99 and with a $25 food and drink credit! When we booked online, it was over $250 with no food or drink credit.
- Helped live stream a mini wedding. And almost got fired, because we aren't very good camera people... But congrats to Nick and Adria! They are one of our couples that we did Premarital Counseling with, this year. Our other couple - Devin and Keenan Murray, also got married during quarantine! Congrats cute couples! Check out this amazing wedding video of the Murrays if you want to see how to do a micro-wedding right!
- Traded off babysitting with our friend, Kara Lackey (from episode 66) so that we could each have some time without our kids! Find a friend who you can trade time with!
- Sent the kids to Nana Camp every Friday! SO THANKFUL for Barb, Chris' mom, for hanging out with the kids every single Friday, and giving us adults a break!
Season 6 news
We made the decision to move from doing 20 episodes a season, to 10. We are still committing to putting out episodes on Sunday mornings at 9am. We just don't think we can do it for 20 weeks in a row, with how crazy quarantine life still is.
We also gave away $100 in honor of our 100th episode! Congrats to Robbi-Anne Strauss for winning that, and leaving such a great review on our podcast. And thanks SO MUCH to Charles and Grace for sponsoring that giveaway! If you would like to be a sponsor of the podcast, or the giveaway. You can learn more on our website!
And this season we are also going to share other podcasts we are listening to every week!
Jihae listened to this episode with Nancy Panza, a police pyschologist, on the Joe Rogan Experience. And finally, we also listened to episode 100 of the Brands that Book Podcast. A great listen for anyone running a business from home. Davey, the host of that podcast, was on our podcast for episode 99! Check it out if you want to learn how to start your own podcast!
The Good Word of the Day
“If you have raced with men on
and they have worn you out,
how can you compete with horses?
If you stumble in safe country,
how will you manage in the thickets by the Jordan?"
Such an appropriate word for 2020! Let us keep persevering through hard things. We will all come out stronger and more amazingly!
Thanks so much for being with us!
We hope you enjoyed this episode, and if you did - please leave us a review on iTunes! To see more episodes, check out our website! And feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Have a great week, friends!