Jun 2, 2018
Today's Show Notes are going to be very simple and straight forward.
We answered the random question: "What was your favorite Saturday Morning Cartoon?"
Jihae said "Bo Knows", which apparently was just a commercial. What she meant was "ProStars" with Bo Jackson, Wayne Gretzky, and Michael Jordan.
Chris said Bugs Bunny, and Fraggle Rock, but his all time favorite show was "Saved By The Bell". And his new current obsession is Zach Morris is Trash.
So, our FIVE TIPS:
- HEDGES. We read this book and it was fantastic. You should read it too. Some examples in the book may seem extreme, but we think marriage is worth taking the extra steps to protect it and make it the best and strongest that it can be.
- Pray together. Every night.
- Invest in your marriage - with time and money. This is a daily task, which will make the date nights, and vacations that much more exciting and wonderful. We shell out a good amount of $ for date nights. So don't think that just because you don't have free babysitters around, you can't go out. And remember, you just need a responsible and wonderful 18+ year old to watch your foster kids. You don't have to find other licensed people to watch your foster babes.
- This great book, Boundaries, talks about Togetherness and Separateness. This point is fantastic, and you and your spouse might need to see how you guys divvy up those points. This is hardest for stay-at-home moms I think, but even more necessary then, to figure out.
- And finally, cheer each other on! Be each other's greatest cheerleaders.
The Good Word of the Day:
"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of 3 stands is not quickly broken." -Ecclesiastes 4:12
We truly believe that our marriage, plus Jesus, is a strong, and unstoppable force! Take the time necessary to invest in your marriage! If you are in a VERY rough season of your marriage, and you are fostering, we would advise that you stop as soon as possible. Then pause and work on your marriage, and come back healthier and stronger than ever.
Thanks for supporting our podcast (what?!? You want to leave a review on iTunes? So great!) and we will be back with another new episode next week!